As we all know, the energy crisis has intensified, and portable power generation equipment has entered people’s lives, bringing many advantages to people’s life and travel.
What is portable energy storage?
Portable energy storage is a large Type charging treasure, with a charging capacity of 0.2-2kWh, an output power of 100-2200W, and a variety of data interfaces.
Support the charging of mobile phones, laptops, drones, refrigerators and other products in mobile power consumption scenarios, matching. The use of photovoltaic panels can realize the charging of energy storage devices. Portable energy storage is mainly used in:
(1) Outdoor activities, main the power market is the United States, and China has huge development potential;
(2) Emergency disaster preparedness, the main market is Japan. mobile electric field With diverse scenes, the penetration rate of consumers participating in outdoor activities has increased, the awareness of safety and disaster preparedness has increased, and the portable storage space has opened up.
At the same time, the electrification rate of residents’ lives is increasing, and electric equipment such as mobile phones, drones, and small household appliances the number of devices increases, and the demand for electricity in mobile scenarios is large; secondly, the advantages of lithium battery energy storage are prominent, and the service life is longer Long, low failure rate, light weight, small size, high energy density, fast charging, become the current consumer alternative the best choice for diesel generators and lead storage batteries.
Portable energy storage is divided into:
(1) Charging capacity 0.5-1kwh: high penetration rate, relatively simple product structure and system, and develop in the direction of miniaturization, portability and fashion;
(2) Charge capacity of 1.5kwh or more
How many new batteries are needed?
Batteries and inverters account for 50%+ of the cost of portable energy storage. The battery cells for portable energy storage are mainly cylindrical batteries, emphasizing the number of cycles, and the light weight of the product drives the demand for large batteries. According to the aforementioned calculations, the installed capacity of batteries required for global portable energy storage in 21 years will be 2.4GWh, and the demand for batteries in 25 years will be 17.3GWh, corresponding to a CAGR of 58%. Portable energy storage is expected to become the next important downstream application of cylindrical batteries.
Advantages of portable energy storage:
(1) For outdoor use, it should be easy to carry and move. The appearance of the portable UPS is also designed to provide users with a better experience. In addition to the difference in appearance and shape from other types of lithium-ion battery UPSs, portable UPSs are also more solid and durable in terms of materials. Imported high-strength engineering plastics are used, which have the functions of anti-drop, anti-seismic, fireproof, and rainproof.
(2) The integrated design can make the lithium-ion battery and the circuit inside the UPS more compactly placed together. It makes the appearance more regular, and also reduces the appearance of redundant gaps, which is more conducive to reducing the impact of external factors on the portable UPS.
Portable energy storage: flexible energy replenishment equipment, superior in “convenience”
The large power bank is superior in “convenience”. Portable energy storage, also known as “large power bank” and “outdoor power supply”, is a small energy storage device with a built-in lithium battery and can be used with solar panels. It has the characteristics of multiple charge and discharge cycles, wide adaptability, safety and convenience.
The battery capacity of small and medium-power portable energy storage products is in the range of 300-1000wh, with rich interfaces, which can support 99% of digital product charging, and can be used outdoors for about 1-2 days. High-power products or power packs connected in series, with a charging capacity in the range of 1000-3000wh, can supply power for electric cooking pots, induction cookers, etc.
Taking an induction cooker with a power of 1500w as an example, it can support cooking for 40-120 minutes, which better meets the needs of flexible power consumption for high-power equipment. In addition to charging in advance, portable energy storage can also be used with solar panels. The output power of a single solar panel is between 60w-200w, so that when the battery power is exhausted, the energy storage can be charged outdoors with photovoltaics to form a small solar power generation system to achieve continuous off-grid power generation and prolong the battery life.
Outdoor activities + emergency preparedness is the main scene at present.
Portable energy storage is easy to carry and its capacity is much larger than ordinary charging treasures. The main scenarios are outdoor activities and emergency preparedness.
1. Outdoor scenes: such as self-driving tours, outdoor camping, power supply for digital products, small household appliances, etc., including speakers, mobile phones, computers, projectors, photography, fans, car refrigerators, drones and other equipment, and can also be applied to outdoor operations, Exploration detection. When the charge is above 1 degree and the output is small and medium power, the power supply can last for 2-3 days, which matches the pain point of short-distance electricity consumption. At present, with the enthusiasm for outdoor activities and the upgrading of digital home appliances, the demand for outdoor applications of portable energy storage is the largest. A typical example is the US market, whose total demand in 2020 will account for 47.3% of the world’s total.
2. Emergency scenarios: such as indoor power failure emergency, indoor party power supply, small emergency rescue, etc. Disasters frequently occur in Japan, and the public has a strong awareness of emergency preparedness. Its total demand in 2020 accounts for 29.6% of the world’s total. The Chinese consumer market will start rapidly around 2021, mainly due to the gradual popularity of outdoor activities and the use of backup power in some households.