Solar photovoltaic water pump (Solar Pumping System) is also known as photovoltaic water pump. A solar water pump is a water pump capable of pumping DC water and it works by solar energy. There are several types of solar pumps, among which solar photovoltaic, solar hot water pumps and domestic hot water pumps stand out.
These pumps are submersible and powered by energy from the sun. They work similarly to other conventional water pumps, except that their power source is renewable. They are used for farm irrigation, people who want to pump water from a well, hospitals who want to send hot water to showers, etc. All of this has the advantage of being inexpensive because it’s powered by energy from the sun.
That is, a photovoltaic pumping system that uses the electricity generated by the photovoltaic array to drive the water pump. The whole system is mainly composed of photovoltaic array, solar pumping inverter and water pump. It is an opto-mechanical integration system that has developed rapidly in recent years. It is the most attractive water supply method in the sun-rich areas in the world, especially in remote areas lacking electricity.
Irrigated crops require large amounts of water to grow and increase yields. Therefore, it is necessary to understand the type of pump that is most useful in each situation.
If our irrigated crops exceed the water demand by more than 4500 liters of water per day, a submersible solar water pump is highly recommended. These pumps have a larger pumping capacity than surface pumps and can pump up to 13,500 liters per day. It’s true that these pumps are more expensive than floor pumps, but we’ll discuss prices later.
On the other hand, if the volume of water that needs to be pumped does not exceed 4500 liters per day, it is better to use a ground-mounted solar water pump. This type of pump is often used for smaller crops and gardens that don’t require a lot of water. They are also used to irrigate pastures for livestock.
1. System composition:
1. Photovoltaic array (Solar Array): Also known as solar cell module, it mainly converts the light energy of the sun into electrical energy to provide working power for the load pump motor.
2. Solar Pumping Inverter (Solar Pumping Inverter) or controller: control and adjust the operation of the solar water pump, drive the water pump with the electric energy emitted by the solar array, and adjust the output frequency in real time according to the change of the sunlight intensity, so that the output The power is close to the maximum power of the solar array.
3. Pump: Usually, the machine that lifts liquid, transports liquid or increases the pressure of liquid, that is, converts the mechanical energy of the prime mover into liquid energy, so as to achieve the purpose of pumping liquid, is collectively referred to as a pump.
2. Operation process:
Using the power generated by the solar cell, through the maximum power point tracking and conversion, control and other devices to drive DC, permanent magnet, brushless, no position sensor, stator and rotor double plastic-encapsulated motors or high-efficiency asynchronous motors or high-speed switched reluctance motors to drive high-efficiency water pumps, The water is raised from the depths of the surface to the surface for irrigation of farmland or drinking by humans and animals.
1. DC brushless solar water pump (motor type)
The motor-type brushless DC water pump is composed of a brushless DC motor and an impeller. The shaft of the motor is connected with the impeller, and there is a gap between the stator and the rotor of the water pump. After a long time of use, water will penetrate into the motor and increase the possibility of the motor being burned out.
Advantages: Brushless DC motors have been standardized, and are produced in large quantities by specialized manufacturers, with relatively low cost and high efficiency.
2. Brushless DC magnetic isolation solar water pump
The brushless DC water pump adopts electronic components for commutation, no need to use carbon brushes for commutation, and uses high-performance wear-resistant ceramic shafts and ceramic bushings. The life of the pump is greatly enhanced.
The stator part and rotor part of the magnetically isolated water pump are completely isolated, the stator and circuit board parts are potted with epoxy resin, 100% waterproof, the rotor part uses permanent magnets, and the water pump body is made of environmentally friendly materials (public number: pump housekeeper), Low noise, small size and stable performance. Various required parameters can be adjusted through the winding of the stator, and it can operate with a wide range of voltages.
Advantages: long life, low noise up to 35dB below, can be used for hot water circulation. The stator and circuit board of the motor are potted with epoxy resin and completely isolated from the rotor, which can be installed underwater and completely waterproof. The shaft of the water pump adopts high-performance ceramic shaft, which has high precision and good shock resistance.
3. The three-phase AC water pump is driven by a three-phase AC motor.
Unlike the DC system, the solar AC water pump consists of a solar array (providing power), a solar pumping inverter (converting DC to AC while controlling the motor frequency) and a three-phase AC motor pump.
Advantages: The three-phase AC motor water pump in the system can be replaced with the AC water pump driven by the mains or diesel engine on the market, and the compatibility is very good. At the same time, the AC water pump breaks through the power limit of the DC water pump, and the power can be applied from 150 watts to 105 kilowatts, which is suitable for the needs of large-scale farmland, desert management and irrigation.
1. Reliable: long life, photovoltaic power supply rarely uses moving parts, and works reliably;
2. Safe, no noise, low power consumption, no other public hazards. Does not produce any solid, liquid and gaseous harmful substances, absolutely environmentally friendly;
3. Simple installation and maintenance, suitable for unattended operation, especially because of its high reliability;
4. Good compatibility, photovoltaic power generation can be used in conjunction with other energy sources, and the photovoltaic system can be easily expanded according to needs;
5. The degree of standardization is high, the components can be connected in series and parallel to meet the needs of different electricity consumption, and the versatility is strong;
6. Solar energy is everywhere and has a wide range of applications.
7. It has good long-term economy, especially compared with the common diesel engine pumping water, it has an overwhelming economic advantage.